Water tube boiler
Get a Free Estimate and Expert Advice from Universal Plumbing and Heating in Vancouver, BC.
We offer water tube boiler services.
Schedule an Estimate
How does a water tube boiler work?
In a water tube boiler the water circulates in tubes heated externally by fire.
- First, fuel is burned inside the furnace
- The burnt fuel creates hot gas
- Hot gas created heats water in the steam-generating tubes
- The heated water then rises into the steam drum.
- At this point, saturated steam is drawn off the top of the steam drum.
- To pre-heat the feed water supply, cool water at the bottom of the steam drum returns to the feed water drum via large-bore down comer tubes
To increase economy of the water tube boiler, exhaust gases are also used to pre-heat the air blown into the furnace and warm the feed water supply.
It is important to note that in smaller boilers, additional generating tubes are separate in the furnace. To generate steam, larger utility boilers rely on the water-filled tubes that make up the walls of the furnace.
What is the advantage of a water tube boiler?
- Lower chance of a catastrophic failure
- Low volume of water in the boiler
- No large mechanical elements subject to failure
Universal Plumbing and Heating offers water tube boiler installation, maintenance and repairs in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland. To find out if a water tube boiler is the best solution for your commercial property, get in touch with our experts today; call 604-873-3551.