24/7 Emergency Frozen Pipe Repair
Get a Free Estimate and Expert Advice from Universal Plumbing and Heating in Vancouver, BC.
We offer complete frozen pipe repair packages.
Schedule an Estimate
Frozen pipes are bad news. But having the frozen pipes burst is considerably worse.
The good news is that we can help! The best way to deal with frozen pipes is to prevent them in the first place. But if your pipes do freeze, you’ll have to act fast to minimize the damage and cost of repairs.
Why frozen pipes burst
The extreme cold combined with wind chill creates a substantial risk for frozen or burst pipes. Not all frozen pipes burst though. But when one does, it’s because water expands when it freezes, adding considerable pressure to the pipes and can block the line. This blockage can create excessive pressure throughout the system and cause pipe failure in vulnerable places like the joints. Even a small crack can unleash a full flow of water in a single day. Water damage from bursting pipes is one of the most common homeowners’ insurance claims, with an average claim cost of about $5,000.
If You Have Frozen Pipes
- Shut off the main water line leading into the house to reduce pressure on frozen pipes and minimize flooding if the pipes burst.
- If the frozen pipe is exposed and visible, use a hair dryer to thaw the ice blockage. (Do not use an open flame to thaw!) If frozen pipes are not visible, contact us. We use professional pipe-thawing equipment.
- If you currently notice slow water flow and think you might have frozen pipes, you should call us immediately. Typically, issues like this can be resolved before any damage occurs.
For fast, effective frozen pipe repair Vancouver trusts Universal Heating & Plumbing. Call Our 24/7 emergency hotline: 604-873-3551
Our technicians provide reliable and fast repairs and installations of plumbing systems.
Universal Heating has provided homeowners in Vancouver and the General Vancouver Area with expert heating service and repairs. More and more homeowners in Vancouver call Universal Heating & Plumbing every day to meet their needs when it comes to routine plumbing maintenance, emergency plumbing repairs, and pipe replacements.
Why Universal Heating?
- Complete plumbing & heating services
- Available 24 hours / 7 days a week
- Emergency service
- Licensed & insured technicians
- BBB certified
- Thousands of local satisfied customers
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Reputation for quality work
- No job is too big or too small
Let the experts at Universal Heating service your plumbing needs today. Please fill out the form or give us a call 604-873-3551 and one of our plumbing experts will contact you shortly.
Also, learn about BC Hydro’s and FortisBC’s energy saving tips and rebates.
Universal Plumbing and Heating is a BBB Accredited business. This means it supports BBB’s services to the public and meets the BBB Accreditation standards.